“He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned everyone to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.” – Isaiah 53:3-7
LIGHT FOR NOW: When the love of God is implied, don’t see words, see actions.
In the course of our journey in this study, we’ve come to establish that love in the context or confines of divinity or deity’s interpretation or definition is sacrifice. So the love of God is not an emotive feeling; the love of God is a sacrifice. The reason why many folks have not comprehended this fact of God’s love is that they seem to define or interpret God’s love from human scope or human’s perspective of love. But human’s love cannot be used as litmus test for God’s love, why?
- Human’s love is reactionary, God’s love is proactionary.
- Human love has reasons, God’s love has no reasons.
- Human love can change over time. God’s love is eternal; that is why He has loved us with an everlasting love.
- Human love most times or always is based on merits. God’s love is not based on merits, it is unmerited.
- As far as human love is concerned, when something goes wrong, it can be withdrawn. But God’s love cannot be withdrawn because something went wrong or because you erred, why? This is because His love was not a reaction to your good actions, but rather, it was a pro-action before your good actions. So, it is not good actions (even though good actions are good) that make one merit God’s love, neither does bad actions disqualify a man from God’s love.
- Human love is because of you (what you did). But God’s love is because of Christ (what Christ did), why? This is because Jesus is the expression of God’s love.
- Human love is conditional; God’s love is unconditional.
- Human love is work-based; God’s love is grace-based.
So, having seen that, the scope of man’s love is so limited that it will be injustice on your part to try to view God’s love from the perspective of human love. Hallelujah!
INSTRUCTION: Know the love of God.
PRAYER: Father, I declare that my eyes are opened to understand the reality of your love expressed and dispensed in your Son Jesus Christ, in Jesus Name, Amen.
QUOTE: The scope of man’s love is so limited where deity’s definition of love is concerned.
DAILY BIBLE READING: MORNING: GENESIS CHAPTER 2; EVENING: GENESIS CHAPTER 3