“Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising. Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side. Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.” – Isaiah 60:1-5
LIGHT FOR NOW: Studying without reading is never possible as far as studying is concerned.
Welcome to the seventh month of the year where we are still considering the same concept of study which we did two months ago. Here, we will take the study “The bible in our hands” further as critical facts will be painstakingly and carefully examined, bringing to the fore an appreciation for proper bible interpretation. Don’t forget, the study is aimed to equip us with:
• How to read
• How to study
• How to interpret and
• How to rightly apply bible text
The aim of this study is further expanded to equip us with the rules of bible reading, interpretation and application. Finally, as our understanding of the nitty-gritty of bible reading, study, interpretation, application and all the rules governing them becomes so clear; we will thus apply it to our key text and thus see what Isaiah was communicating in that text. Recall, a vital fact established so far in this study is that:
• The bible can never mean today what it never meant when it was first written.
• In bible interpretation, if you cannot read, you cannot study; if you cannot study, you cannot interpret; if you cannot interpret, you cannot apply.
Hence, in bible interpretation:
• Studying will begin with reading.
• Interpretation will begin with studying.
• To get your studying right, get your reading right.
• To get your interpretation right, get your studying right.
• To get your application right, get your interpretation right.
• If you cannot read, you cannot study.
• If you cannot study, you cannot interpret.
• If you cannot interpret, you cannot apply.
INSTRUCTION: Study through carefully.
PRAYER: I declare that the zeal and enthusiasm to study through your word in this material ignites in me more than ever, in Jesus Name. Amen.
QUOTE: You cannot study if you cannot read.
DAILY BIBLE READING: MORNING: 2TIMOTHY CHAPTER 2; EVENING: 2TIMOTHY CHAPTER 3