“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, the just shall live by faith” Romans 1:16-17
LIGHT FOR NOW: To be rescued or delivered from sin’s consequences and punishment is salvation.
The gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation. We have seen in this study that God’s power is regulated to save, not to destroy. Destruction is rather the absence of that power. So to accurately define the power of God, look at salvation because it is in salvation that God’s power can be accurately explained.
- God’s power does not destroy; destruction is the absence of His power.
- There is no destruction in God; destruction is the absence of God.
- God does not kill; he does not use death or cause death. He is life and only gives life; death is only the absence of life.
- There is no darkness in God; God is light and darkness is only the absence of His light.
That said, salvation is not possible outside the saviour. For there to be salvation, there must be a saviour because the saviour does the work of saving. Remember, the mission statement of Jesus, which reads “And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call His name Jesus: for He shall save His people from their sins”. That statement “He shall save” defines the mission statement of Jesus. Notice, He shall save from what? He shall save from sin. So, salvation fundamentally deals with sin. That is;
- To be rescued or saved or delivered from sin and the consequences or punishment of sin.
- If salvation deals with rescue or deliverance from the punishment or consequences of sin, then the person being delivered must have been captured or must have been in captivity by a captor. Moreover, for the captured to be free from the captor, the captor must have demanded a price to be paid.
- In addition, if salvation deals with rescue or deliverance from the punishment or consequences of sin, then the deliverer must have borne the punishment or consequence of sin for the delivered and thus, the delivered cannot be punished for sin any longer.
Please follow the study carefully. Glory to God!
INSTRUCTION: Follow the study patiently.
PRAYER: I declare that I have the ability to comprehend revelation knowledge, in Jesus Name, Amen.
QUOTE: The saving power of God in the gospel of Christ is the good news of God’s goodness to mankind.
DAILY BIBLE READING: MORNING: GENESIS CHAPTER 1; EVENING: GENESIS CHAPTER 2